INTERVIEWS

Friday, August 1, 2014

Interview: Los Angeles Police Department

No. not with cops, the band. After hearing the recently debuted and surprisingly great single She Came Through (Again), I decided to take up their offer to resume doing interviews. Even if you don't care for the music we talk plenty about cops and everybody loves cops!



Obligatory find LAPD here:
Listen|Buy: Tape/LP
If you are reporting an emergency or a crime in progress please call 911

Are you going to see #letsbecops ? It looks terrible
I'm gonna see it because I like new girl enough to wanna check it out. I like Jake Johnson a lot. I also like Jack Johnson a lot, like banana pancakes and the curious George soundtrack. 
Yeah, I'm not even gonna share the link for that  

Did you know there was a funk metal band called L.A.P.D. (Love And Peace Dude) featuring the drummer from my favorite band the second half of 8th grade, Korn? (do you know how to make a backwards "r" so it would look cooler)
I really enjoy the language Jonathan Davis created and reject the notion that he did it out of lyric writing laziness. I was huge into limp bizkit. As far as LAPD goes, I am aware of the band and am bummed they are defunct. Are you implying that I'm unoriginal? Because it's true. 

Is your song August 31 about Richard Gere? That's his birthday
That's a really personal question don't you think?

Who is behind the @hkarnutzoffical account?
I don't think anyone will ever know. It's like the biggest mystery in the music game besides if princess reason is a real princess. 

Are any of the songs off your new album inspired by Rodney King?
No. But I have songs about Rodney Dangerfield and Larry King. 

If offered, would score the Ride Along sequel?
I think ice cube should score the next one. That would be a total score if you know what I mean. But do you?
No

Why did you decide to go with Los Angeles Police Department? It may cause confusion
Oh, I see what you mean. So a department is like a sub-organizational group in which the members share a common goal or obstacle. An apartment is like where my friends sam and jake used to live where someone had walls made of bed sheets. Los Angeles police apartment is a way better name tho cause I love punny shit like that. Like I'm working on a couple jokes, one is "my dolphin ran away I think he did it on porpoise." The other is "a ghost walks into a bar and asks if they have any boos" 
The ghost joke is really ghouled (good)

I feel like the DIY (Do It Yourself) scene in LA is lacking and clearly not as good as everywhere else. If you can now's your chance to pimp some recommendations out
 Nope you're pretty much right. It's a real shame, a lot of great DIY artists live in LA but it doesn't feel like there's a sense of community. I hate venue shows and making people pay 10 dollars to spend more money at a bar to watch their friends play in a band. The outpost was the shit tho when it was still around, but it flooded. They let us do free shows and just have our friends come party. Nicest people too. 

What would be your dream show to play?
365 kent or whatever. 

I really have no ambition to start watching Game of Thrones
you know nothing that show kicks ass.

What should I do with my life, should I become a cop?
hey man. just don't give up on your dreams even if it's like the dream I had last night where my friends dad was my high school adviser and he yelled at me to have his daughter home before 2am and called me a dumbass but also sang me a really powerful song about my life in the style of musical theatre. 

Я. I figured it out

No comments:

Post a Comment