INTERVIEWS

Monday, January 13, 2014

BIG UPS INTERVIEW

i conducted a very professional interview with this band that goes by Big Ups and here it is, right below, copied exactly from our chat. i stayed up very late to do this and now i'll be tired making guns tomorrow. so "buy" their new thing.

 wearebigups:  crack a brewww
 me:  ok first things first thx for the beer in ny. and the lp. and for doing this bc i know you are very "busy"...
 wearebigups:  not that busy apparently
 me:  oh; youre supposed to say "youre welcome" there
 wearebigups:  thanks hayden
 me:  wth---nevermind. heres the first question:.. i like how you label yourself nerdcore but would you consider big ups "hardcore"?
 wearebigups:  nah big ups is not hardcore... maybe we use some sounds/themes from hardcore but we definitely aren't hardcore.
you can't really be hardcore unless u self identify that way i think
its more than a sound
 me:  i wish you would've said you were hardcore because then i wouldve been like oh yeah? then explain this! shows link to amar's bandcamp
 wearebigups:  haha ya amar's bandcamp is like chillwave mellowcore guitar time

not chillwave really
but mellowtime
nice internet sleuthing
 me:  more like "wasteoftime" buurrrnnn
ok next question
are you gonna text me every time you watch CONTACT?
 wearebigups:  i just watched contact 2 days ago
i might. but i can't imagine watching it again for a few months
might try reading the book tho
i will not text u about that unless u really want me to
 me:  contact is terrible, but it is a fun discussion topic
 wearebigups:  its not terrible
u just have bad memories about it
rotten tomatoes give it 3 *s
just looked it up
 me:  what the hell was up with the alien shit but william fichtner is a fantastic supporting actor. which brings me to my next question: 

what is the best movie ever made that starts with Con?
not contact
 wearebigups:  ummm
...
con man?
is that a movie?
 me:  might be but not the answer we're looking for. we were looking for CON AIR
 wearebigups:  :/
never seen it
u can call ur record con air
 me:  welp this is not gonna go well as the next 15 questions were about con air and nicolas cage
 wearebigups:  i like nic cage
bad lieutenant
yellin n shit
 me:  of course everybody like nc
 wearebigups:

 me:  ok but now we're off topic; let's go back to talking about the big ups
THE BIG UPS
 wearebigups:  ok
 me:  THE BIG UPS
 wearebigups:  no
no
no
 me:  it's easier that way, you need the THE
 wearebigups:  i hate 'the'
i don't like 'the'
 me:  los grandes ups any better?

 wearebigups:  nope
 me:  who's the best band currently on exploding on sound records?,,,...
in what an idiotic mistake
 wearebigups:  what?
u mean what is the best idiotic band on EIS?
 me:  no. i said exploding on sound instead of "in sound" and tried to correct my mistake.
 wearebigups:  oooooooo
 me:  we know the best idiotic band already!
 wearebigups:  i see
ur really gonna make me pick one?
 me:  top 3
in order
 wearebigups:  top 3
ok...
1. pilekalmarksovlovtwoinchastronaut
2. palehounddiscodoomspeedyortizmydadbad/fathistorymonth
 me:  i'll count 1. as the top 3 which is a solid selection
oh shit i forgot. did you have fun at that extravaganza on new years eve eve
 wearebigups:  3.krillporchesgrassisgreen
yes
i did
 me:  i was there
 wearebigups:  i prob missed an EIS band on my lsit
fuck
yah i bought u a beer
 me:  i was looking good
 wearebigups:  u know i kinda look like u
same hair dog
but ur way taller than me
 me:  im new stand in for big ups joe?
i can't dunk
 wearebigups:  if u wanna do it sometime
 me:  :(
 wearebigups:  that's cool
nah u can play shows drunk
 me:  sweeeeet
 wearebigups:  i just dont get too drunk b/c then i wanna puke
i heard u puked on krill
 me:  thats not funny
 wearebigups:  just what i heard
 me:  it wouldve been cool if i did emit on one of the krill
but it was just outside the car i guess
 wearebigups:  good job!
 me:  i blame regina's garbage pizza
 wearebigups:  never been there
garbage pizza...
gross
 me:  yeah it definitely wasn't from drinking too much
 wearebigups:  puking sux
 me:  f-ing regina's man. i blacked out after ovlov/grass is green/sat nite duets and that was way worse - hangover and such but nothing came up
:)
:)
 wearebigups:  i gotta listen to this sat nite duets i guess huh?
 me:  yeah of course but their new vid is weak,,,, wait did something important happen for bu today
 wearebigups:  our record came out in uk is that wat ur referring to?
 me:  lol why not the us
 wearebigups:  bc records traditionally come out on tues in us
its the PR machine man
 me:  yeah duh i thought you were afraid to release it the same day of vacation vinny

 wearebigups:  dude vacation vinny rules
 me:  im a yeddo man myself
 wearebigups:  well...
i like vacation vin
 me:  who is @boogerspit
 wearebigups:  dave spak told me about andy + sam's old band
i want to hear that
boogerspit is mike quigley
 me:  dogs w/o borders is ayt
 wearebigups:  thatsss the one
 me:  explain the cover of 18 hours because i don't know what the fuck that's supposed to be
 wearebigups:  it's a space beach. i thought u watched contact w/ ur physics teacher
 me:  not in that sense
in physics "class"
 wearebigups:  don't sound like class
 me:  this whole thing's going in the interview like the time i chatted w/ a girl on mormon chat.org and told her maybe someday we'd meet up in heaven. word for word
 wearebigups:  are u a mormon?
 me:  who you calling a moron
wait no
 wearebigups:  no one i was asking
if u were mormon
 me:  no i'm not but sometimes i wish i was
 wearebigups:  y?
 me:  it's a joke; not really.
 wearebigups:  o
just wanna say hi
its carl
 me:  who
 wearebigups:  i'm playing a game called pathfinder
o dang it carlos is jumpin in on the gchat
and i'm an elven rogue
so it's pretty cool
that's all
wiley ol carlos
 me:  we are off topic
 wearebigups:  a little bit
is carlos still here?
 me:  i think he's gone
 wearebigups:  ok
it's joe again... OR IS IT
?
(it is)
dickbutt
me:  i'm trying to conjure a good question but i haven't done my research like i usually do. why do you call it 18 hours of static when it's only 27 minutes long? you know what you can do in 27 minutes instead
of listening to it
 wearebigups:  what?
eighteen hours of static is more contact reference
 me:  i was trying to insult your art -- - goddamn it
 wearebigups:  i thought u were gonna say like, 'you can do something worthwhile in 27 mins lololol'
 me:  you could watch the scene where jake busey blows up the space station probably 15 times in 27 minutes
or masturbate 2x
 wearebigups:  thats the 2nd sweetest scene in the movie
not masturbating
theres no masturbating in the movie
 me:  masturbating to jodie foster in contact

!
 wearebigups:  y wud u do that?
 me:  i was implying you do that
 wearebigups:  there's nothing sexxxy about the movie
i kinda do... mentally
 me:  then if 18 hours is inspired by contact so much why have songs like goes black and atheist self help because isn't the big man upstairs technically in contact. i don't know for sure. it is a shit movie
 wearebigups:  well yeah there's lots of stuff about faith/science dualities
 me:  go on..
 wearebigups:  and there's a little bit of stuff like that on the record... but mostly like figuring out yr self
and how to deal with life
and dark shit
 me:  hehe
it gives me a headache
 me:  the topic of religion; sorry if you thought i meant 18 hours..
turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd turd
turd
 wearebigups:  sorry
i just went pee
how many turds is that?
 me:  whatever 3 turds and space while holding ctrl+v down for a few seconds is
 wearebigups:  ur good
 me:  god
 wearebigups:  bold
 me:  carlos is a nerd
 wearebigups:  for real! he was playing battleship or some shit
and he works for google
kinda
 me:  remember when you were like "here's our new tour van" and it was a pic of a UPS truck?
that was a good joke
not
 wearebigups:  die
 me:  write a song about it
 wearebigups:  that was prob carlos
BURN
that was a good joke
thats why i like u hayden
 me:  everybody likes me duh but you're not haydencore
 wearebigups:  guess thats true
 me:  but really you should tour in a fedex van. people would be like "whaaaat???"
 wearebigups:  it wasn't battleship
it was pathfinder
CARLOS
again
 me:  who is the lamer carlos: ava luna carlos or Big ups carlos?
 wearebigups:  Nissan Pathfinder lol
the movie battle ship scked tho
carlos!
i don't know Ava Luna carlos
but he makes good records
at silent barn
 me:  that's not what ive heard
get it because i've heard those records
 wearebigups:  so he's prob better than 'butting in on interviews' carlos
thanks for inviting me tho
i've changed the gmail passwprd
it's smoehting 'dickbutt42069
sorry carlos is ruining this
haven't u heard of journalism carlos??
get out of the interview
 me:  yeah dude what do you think of contact
 wearebigups:  is that question for carlos? because we already talked bout that
 me:  yeah
 wearebigups:  carlos answer the question
 me:  depends on what he answers determines whether he stays in or not
 wearebigups:  carlos are u there?
he might be gone again
i think it is
wanting to be very smart, and the original material is pretty good
but only half delivers
in the movie
the romance kinda blows it
but that's hollywood
bread and boners
 me:  I'M NOT A DISPOSER but please dispose of carlos from this interview
 wearebigups:  carlos u just got cut
git outta here
(u just misquoted the lyrics tho hayden)
it's ANOTHER DISPOSER
but how are u supposed to know?
 me:  that's why i changed it because i can't get rid of him; only you can. please don't question my journalistic integrity
 wearebigups:  ok
well im trying to get rid of him but he does as he pleases
 me:  LYRICS MEAN NOTHING. TIME MEANS NOTHING. WHAT WE CALL LIFE IS A FARCE
 wearebigups:  he's probably in his apt laughing his ass off
woah
calm down
u ok?
 me:  i thought i was headed down your alley with that one
 wearebigups:  time means a lot
time is $$
i dont got not alley
i dont got no alley
where's the alley i'm lost
 me:  it's a figure of speech. i thought i was relating to you by being dark
 wearebigups:  well yah we all feel dark sometimes right?
 me:  yeah krill's a bunch of wusses
 wearebigups:  i just listened to infinite power
 wearebigups:  why did u send me that?
 me:  you like the midgetmen?
 wearebigups:  yah
i get it
nice segue
 me:  and jimmy fallon has his own show and i don
't
 wearebigups:  someday
 me:  other then yourselves who should be my first musical guest (trail of dead/pile are busy)?
 wearebigups:  prob dead wives u love them right?
 me:  yes but i may have upset them
 wearebigups:  how?
 me:  and they're barely real
 wearebigups:  pretty real to me i have seem them 2x

 me:  ......
 wearebigups:  is that 'no comment'?
 wearebigups:  why did u do that?
sounds pretty mean
i guess ur mean though right?
 wearebigups:  o boy
 me:  i am vile
 wearebigups:  WE ALL ARE
(get it, i'm being dark)
 me:  i don't have a reasonable explanation but it was no slap
 wearebigups:  i wasnt there
lol
so i dunno
who to believe
 me:  thats what my lawyers told me to say
for legal purposes
 wearebigups:  good luck in court
do u like our record?
is it bad?
 me:  all rise for judge judy for the case dead wives vs @hkarnutz
 wearebigups:  dude u all should go on judge judy
you ever hear about the time that band teeth mountain went on JJ?
look it up
 me:  do you think i have that kind of time i'm conducting an interview here.
sorry dead wives
mucho respecto
 wearebigups:  is this interview over yet?
 me:  has it started
 wearebigups:  im sorry i like u hayden
i don't even know
 me:  what's not to like
 wearebigups:  thats what im saying ur a good guy... but this interview we gotta finish soon
easily the most time ive spent on chat since the AIM days
 me:  i have to be up to go to the gun factory at 5 am central us time
 wearebigups:  sorry
go to bed
 me:  we will all "go to bed" one day
for a final time
dark
 wearebigups:  die
die
die
die
deathy
 me:  18 hours of static gets an 8.7 from me
 wearebigups:  out of?
 me:  shit
i don't know probably 10
 wearebigups:  kewl
 me:  so short
 wearebigups:  27 min staticc
 me:  i think im outta of questions.
contact still sucks though
 wearebigups:  good because we been gchatting for like 2 hrs
sorry about carlos
but it will probably be funny
 me:  i gotta shower too
 wearebigups:  at least hard for you as an interviewer
ok bye hayden
 me:  bye carlos
 wearebigups:  this is joe
bye
 me:  good lucj
 wearebigups:  :/

me:  :] get off line
 wearebigups:  i cant promise anything carlos or amar or brendan might still be on
 me:  they shall be ignored like when you go solo

 me:  oh i see now (put this in italics) you're done replying


No comments:

Post a Comment