INTERVIEWS

Friday, January 31, 2014

INTERVIEW: THE FATTY ACIDS (well sort of an interview)

josh from The Fatty Acids sat down (or stood up, i don't know) and answered some of the hardest hitting questions you'll find on the ol 'net and is sharing their new video. it's near the bottom so you'll have to read most of this just to get to it. and no, you can't just search youtube for the fatty acids worst part. that won't work. yes i'm aware the new krill song came out today but you've probably already listened to it so forget about it and read this. stop talking about krill in other bands interviews it's very disrespectful.

Obligatory find The Fatty Acids here:
Creepy Website
Bandcamp
Facebook
Twitter
abandoned shopping malls

-----------------------------------------------------------

H: i probably shouldn't be eating peanuts in bed 

The Fatty Acids: Just saw the Bob's Burgers episode where Linda is drunk and she goes, "Time to go to bed. Let's go crackers, you're coming with me." It made me LOL.

H: here we go for real

first of all i have to get this off my chest. was Football Team inspired by your days of high school football when you dropped a perfectly thrown pass in the state championship game costing your team the game and now 13 years later you want a chance at redemption by having the game played over even though everybody now is outta shape and it's hilarious much like the plot to the 1986 Robin Williams movie The Best of Times?

FAT: It's funny you ask because I kinda wanted to play football in elementary school (all the cool kids did), but my Dad wouldn't let me. Something about "kids shouldn't be treating the things that house their brains like battering rams," or some bullshit. So yeah, I am a field fairy for life. I really like your idea for a rematch though. That would be so funny.

H: it's my favorite Fatty Acids song (and better than every sat nite duets song)

FAT: Cool, good to hear that about SND. I wish we could play it live, but it's like impossible to sing? I guess the whole song is kinda scream-sung and I have the voice stamina of a pre-pubescent, just entering his or her special time? 

H: ooh watch out. this could potentially become a major sat nite duets diss-view

FAT: More like fat bite poohats LMFDO

H: you know they cheat at nfl blitz but wont admit it

FAT: I only knew because you are constantly tweeting this. Thank you for having the courage to speak out about it.

no problem

H: i may have yet to win but look at the circumstances:
not sober 

FAT: NP

H: i only play football games from this millennium

FAT: Dang there goes my "Music Blogger NES Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament 2014" idea

H: given bad controller only to be told months later "here's one with analog sticks"

FAT: haha

H: elvis grbac big head glitch

FAT: Hm

H: ok let's forget about them

now let's bash krill. hold on we'll do that later

FAT: K

H: describe your "sound" without using the words scramblepop or moist

FAT: Sexually ambiguous

H: if you could say one thing to krill what would it be (besides the whole email fiasco of 2013)

FAT: How do I confuse Exploding In Sound Records into thinking my band is good and getting them to sign us?

H: it worked for them

but i do i take back some of the things i said about them at the SND release show. But they are still not to be trusted

FAT: I know what you mean, look at the whole email fiasco of 2013, when it took Jonah like a month just to write me back!!!


H: what happened to Rat Baptist?

FAT: Rat is actually still around. He's been baptizing rats and smoking them up (in blunt format) on the regular.

H: the new vid will probably be great (blah blah blah insert longer explanation later) with past successes like Astrovan and Airsick

FAT: I think it's pretty neat. I don't know if it will hold up to those Kurt Raether Classics (KRCs), though.

H: the Unscreened/Conjugal Visit wasn't too shabby either

FAT: Thanks. It was ridiculously fun to make.

H: i don't smoke but i think i would look cooler if i did

FAT: No doubt 

H: Who do you wanna see win the super bowl?

FAT: I'd like to see Peyton Manning win the World Prize and then Father John (From Father John Pizza Co.) is there sucking him off at the Congrats Party but young Peyton can't get hard unless Father John starts talking about not wanting to give his employees healthcare.

H: i bring this up because the last time i stayed at sat nite duets house was the sunday the day before Aaron Rodgers got hurt


FAT: Dark Days


H: sometimes early in the day i will think of something very specific and then later that night i'll see it on tv. if that's not me being a psychic than what is it?

FAT: That's pretty strange. I'm very skeptical about psychic abilities, but there are all sorts of mysteries about human consciousness. For instance, do you know about the global consciousness project?

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project


Random number generators "seem to be influenced by human consciousness to bring about a less-than-random sequence of data." This is one seemingly mystical idea that Carl Sagan was interested in, who was a skeptic to boot. "Supporters and skeptics have referred to the aim of the GCP as being analogous to detecting 'a great disturbance in The Force.'" Haha Star Wars is real.

H
: Andy's going to hell! (for those that don't know Sat Nite Duets have a song titled Andy's Going to Heaven. get the joke now)

FAT: Check this out: RAW is War, War is Hell, Hell is real. Transitively, RAW IS REAL!!!

H: shit. probably should talk about Boléro at some point

FAT: Boring

H: and two thousand fourteen and all your endeavors

FAT: Boring

H: like like the the the death

FAT: Dope band


H: wait wait wait wait hold the fucking phone. what exactly do you have against juggalos?

FAT: nothing. they are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people. Matt actually grew up in Oconomowoc which is Juggalo haven. They sell faygo at every store. They are legally required to.

actually the end of song mysteriously titled "Hugs yr Bones" is based on a fictional account of 4 or 5 juggalos CRUISING toward the Dark Carnival, not unlike Luke Skytracker cruising toward the Desertwalker in the Super NES (aka Super Famicom) version of Star Trackers: The Final Resort. You like are cruising in this Sandcruiser toward the Desertwalker and you can fly all day if you want, but you won't get any closer to the Desertwalker unless you start shooting and killing the little Sandsmen. Another nice tidbit you should maybe know if you want to understand our spiritual relationship with the fam is that we were juggalos for a halloween show in 2013 and performed "Miracles" live and heard at least one person unironically say "oh they're rapping now?

H: but sat nite d's better watch out because i narked to their boss

FAT: About Blitz, or...?

H: i don't recall


H: fuck it's hard doing interviews without drinking 

FAT: It's hard living in Wisconsin without drinking :/

H: when i was 6 i was big into the land before time. i watched the first one so much (specifically the scene where littlefoot's mom dies) over and over and over that the vhs got stuck in my 13 inch tv with a built in vcr. holy shit it took me 3 minutes to remember what a vcr was. have you seen snow dogs?

FAT: I can't remember

Embedded image permalink

H: why do some people think the crayon itself tastes better than the crayon paper. i mean come on


FAT: yeah i guess WAX ADDICTS wouldn't agree with this sentiment lol shout outs to mickey and sam wassup dogs

H: My last interview for Dead Wives got them 30 (and counting) more likes on the all important facebook 
[you're welcome DW]

FAT: If a band is interviewed on a blog, and they didn't get any more likes on facebook, did the interview really even happen?

H: what inspires you? animorphs?

FAT: Animorphs

H: my 18 year old goldfish died last summer and i'm still pretty bummed about it
in. the.                 last summer

FAT: Sorry man.
What is your fav song on Manland? Every time I listen I pick a new one, but a lot of the time it's "Whipped."


H: your new vid will probably wipe the floor with that one ^

FAT: Yeah, I mean, God willing

H: what do you think of palehound (please be like "who?" or "who's palehound?")

FAT: "who?" or "who's palehound?" 

H: I PREFER BOYSCOUTS (the band and you can't find them on the net, suckers. ok you can at last.fm but you can't listen to them!)

FAT: One night Andy played me some Boyscouts and I played him some Churchill (uh oh this interview is going down a dark path of obscure references). A fun fact is that Tim (the man dancing in the "Worst Part" vid) and I were in that band together. I played drums and he simultaneously sang, played bass and keyboard! It was pretty irresponsible.

H: what are you listening to right now besides the voices in your head telling you to do stuff that you don't wanna do or shouldn't do

FAT: Nothing currently, but earlier made a pour-over coffee while listening to DEVO which was a real trip!!! Pretty irresponsible!!!

H: somebody told me you're a huge buckcherry fan

FAT: Who?

H: did you enjoy the new krill song.

FAT: Yea

H: the real one, that can only be found on my site

FAT: Oh... I listened to the one that was one Stereogum or COS or WTF ever. Don't tell Jonah, but I went to every blog that Krill had a write up on, and tried to find the email of the writer, and was like "Hi! Jonah from Krill sent me here! You should care about my band!" One guy responded, which was better than usual. This is my life, I guess.

H: is it true that Boléro is cuban for "get me off this island. i'm tired of hanging out with monkeys"?

FAT: I can't remember

H: If you don't wanna talk about Toledo then what do you wanna talk about? Care bears? Toaster strudels? 

FAT: I would talk about Toledo, we have had good times there as a band. We have drank 4loko in Toledo, and written a song about it. This was in Toledo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPp-pv4RW4Q

H: Or cap'n crunch because you're "breakfast"

FAT: I don't condone sugary cereal because of type 2 diabetes.

H: Are you feeling ok because you seem like your down in the dumps

FAT: I'm okay, I just got back from Hawaii, and so I'm especially cold and bitchy. 

H: Have you ever seen a waterfalls

FAT: Saw some in Hawaii.

H: I've been growing a grapefruit tree for 4 years now. When should I expect to start getting delicious nutritious grapefruit?

FAT: I think you're going to have to move to Hawaii.

H: I'm not even gonna go back and correct the autocorrect of Boléro to Toledo

FAT: We can talk about Boléro, what do you want to know about Hawaii or Bolero? 

H: Boléro


FAT: Ok, well... Boléro is our third LP. We are generally happy with it. We took lots and lots of time with finishing touches on it. We record and mix ourselves so it's easy to get caught up in that stuff. I wrote some of the songs on my laptop drifting around Europe. Some of the manic and sappy lyrics reflect that period. Bass player Derek also wrote a few of the songs, but he always makes me do melody stuff and write the lyrics because he is too busy educating the young or something??? All he has time for is to write bass parts??? But it's very collaborative in all. Everyone is doing what they want to be doing. Even if I told drummer Cole to play a certain beat, he would probably do something else. Which is good I think. We just basically tell guitar player Rat Baptist to solo at all times, but he is generally baptizing and smoking up rats. Kurt is bonkin around playin various things but he quit now so we are going to stop playing some Boléro stuff live for a while.
The title refers to a few different things, but is mostly a reflection on the life of Maurice Ravel. It refers to confronting the terror that during your greatest, most creative period in your life, your brain might be disintegrating. Or in the case of Dostoyevsky, your inconceivable joy might be caused by a tumor. On a less depressing note, Boléro also refers to the cyclical nature of things, relationships, drum machines, cats begging for snacks, etc

Um, but, yeah we have lots of beautiful, blue vinyls in our closet that we want to sell? 


H: Does the name FLAT SWAMP mean anything to you?
It should

FAT: Jeez. It's not ringing any bells... I feel like a lot of swamps are flat? Due to their swampy materials interacting with gravity?

H: You sure you haven't seen FLAT SWAMP written somewhere. maybe near a vertically written "lowt ide"?
Maybe like above a urinal somewhere
In a bar
In Milwaukee
$0.25

FAT: Listening to Flat Swamp now they are tite. Did you write them on the wall at Quarters Rock 'n Roll Palace? 

H:                   :]


H: Did you know if people want bolero for free all they have to do is download each individual track separately. Lifehack#

FAT: This is a good trick. I didn't know this. Should I be a fucking dick and make each separate song $1? I like the idea of people stealing it, though. I will be v happy indeed when I can find Bolero on Pirate Bay. Speaking of words that are supposed to have accents in them, this is the last time we name an album something with an accent in it!!!!!!! So much work to figure out how to get it in there!!!!!!!!

H: You can be a dick because I already have it. *puts on shades he bought from homeless dude outside Sat nite duets old house*

FAT: Can you explain this further?

i'm not gonna post my reply for legal purposes 

......

H: i'm very generous

FAT: sounds woundrous

wound dress

H: Why do you call yourself @kribberstinykin

FAT: Our band house is called Kribber's Tiny Kingdom (named after cat, Kribber, and drinking game based on said cat and subsequent fake record label based on aforementioned game and cat it's named after). When we made the twitter, that's all they would let us type. 

blogger is a bitch and won't let me easily post the video so just click on this sentence whenever to watch it 

FAT: The idea for the video was basically "hey let's rip of Fatboy Slim's 'Praise You' vid." I really wanted one static shot of my friend Tim dancing in NYC, preferably in a crowded area where he could interact with strangers. He is the most extroverted, charming, hilarious man I have ever met, and I knew it would be good no matter where he was/what he was doing. When I was out at CMJ I carried a boombox and camera around with me, but it just never worked out. So I asked Tim to send me some vids. A couple months later he gave me about 20 files, all shot on my friend Chrissy's iPhone. I took a crash course in Adobe Premiere, and this is what happened.


H: what if you changed your name to The Fatty ASSHEADS

FATlol now "they've" thought of everything!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment